Testosterone levels peak between the ages of 25-30 and begin a gradual decline thereafter (typically 1-2% annually). This is a major concern as the average lifespan is ~78 years.
The benefits of healthy testosterone levels are wide-ranging, including:
- Increased muscle mass
- Reduced body fat
- High psychological vigor (mental/physical energy)
- Improved general well-being
Conversely, low testosterone is characterized by numerous hallmarks, including
- Low libido
- Increased fat mass
- Erectile dysfunction
Proper nutrition, regular exercise, quality sleep, and a healthy body composition are all key components in sustaining healthy hormone levels throughout life. Supplements can also play a role in supporting individuals as they transition from early adulthood into maturity.* Preparations of Longjack (aka tongkat ali or eurycoma longifolia) have been used for centuries in Southeast Asia as an adaptogen and natural aphrodisiac as well as a remedy for fatigue and other ailments.* And, while longjack does have a long history of use in dietary supplements, the industry has been plagued by extracts of questionable consistency, purity, and potency.* That all changed with the creation on LJ100®.
What is LJ100®?
LJ100® is the premier Longjack extract on the market, backed by rigorous scientific research and standardized for purity and potency.
Over a dozen clinical trials have been carried out on LJ100®, investigating both mechanisms of action and benefits. No other form of longjack extract is supported like this! For example, LJ100® has been found to promote an anabolic state by supporting low normal levels of cortisol and high normal testosterone levels during intense endurance exercise. In fact, testosterone levels were 16.4% higher in the individuals consuming LJ100 compared to those receiving placebo. Other human studies indicate that LJ100 may increase fat free mass, reduce body fat, and enhance muscle strength and size, highlighting its ergogenic potential.
LJ100 also supports psychological mood states when individuals are exposed to various stressors, including aging, dieting, and exercise stress.
- Miller KK. Androgen deficiency: effects on body composition. Pituitary. 2009;12(2):116–24. doi: 10.1007/s11102-008-0121-7.
- Talbott SM, Talbott JA, George A, Pugh M. Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013;10(1):28. Published 2013 May 26. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-10-28
- Hamzah, S and Yusuf, A. Published: British Journal of Sports Medicine (2003).BASEM Abstract. 37:465-466.
- Talbott, S.M., Talbott, J.A., George, A. et al. Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 10, 28 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1186/1550-2783-10-28
- Asiah O, Nurhanan MY, Ilham MA. Determination of bioactive peptide (4.3kDa) as an aphrodisiac marker in six Malaysia plants. Journal of Tropical Forest Science. 2007;19(1):61–63
- Zanoli P, Zavatti M, Montanari C, Baraldi M. Influence of Eurycoma longifolia on the copulatory activity of sexually sluggish and impotent male rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;126:308–313. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2009.08.021
- Tambi MI. Proceedings of the SupplySide West International Trade Show and Conference. Virgo Publishing; 2003. Water soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia in enhancing testosterone in males. Oct 1–3.